EC- Extra Reading

Mahabharata-



Exile of Pandavanas
http://ouocblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/pde-mahabharata-second-match.html

A woman born of fire? Draupadi is a queen before she is even knowing that her existence has come into life. The imagery of who this queen is astounds me and I am so excited to finally be getting to hear//read more about her. She is fierce. She is wild. She is radiant. So much can be said of her character and I haven't even gotten to parts C and D of the Mahabharata just yet. I am so hoping that I am able to try and get caught up this week... I feel so far behind.

Draupadi is set to be wed to the five Pandavana brothers, whom she seems to be gladly willing. I myself, cannot imagine being passed around a fire for five different men; it does say that the brothers were given slave women. Are the implications for that, that the brothers were to be satisfied sexually by the slave girls? I do not know.
Yudhishthira was a good and wise rule, the eldest of the brothers. Until, he (very lamely) lost all  of his possessions, his brothers, and his wife in a false gambling match twice. Reading that was not the easiest thing to do. Yet, I feel like I've seen lots of people do lots of idiotic things. I am sure that the sweetest of redemption for this mighty Draupadi is yet to be had.

She will wear her hair down and wait until Bhima ties her hair back with the blood of her enemy, still wet on his hands. How absolutely savage is that? (I am so excited about these stories!)

Bibliography:
Public Domain Edition: Mahabharata//
PDE Mahabharata: The Second Match

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a BlueBird

Week 13 Story: The Great Awakening