Storybook Plan? Topic Research: Draupadi


Dark Princess Draupadi and Dharma

~The Winding Course

Draupadi and dushasan scene
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draupadi



Who is she?
Supposedly, she is the most important Hindu character of the Mahabharata, born of sacrificial fire; sacred and seemingly secretive,  Draupadi emerges from the sacred fire to bring  the destruction of the Kuru line.  What is it about this woman that brings thoughts of revenge, justice, honor, patriarchy, and so many more implications. 

Stories

  1. Yama
  2. Dharma and Draupadi's Decisions
  3. Consequences of Love Dharma for Draupadi
  4. Draupadi's Exile
Link: http://iereadingguides.blogspot.com/2014/06/overview-divakaruni-palace-of-illusions.html

The Dark Princess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draupadi
I honestly am so very excited about this project and how this character reflects Dharma. Of course, I don't know every  facet  of the project, how it will turn out, or if it will even be any good. What I have now is a super fun collection of stories with illustrations- all in my head, to be true. Something about her character really resonates with me. Someone very wise told me that sometimes the "black sheep" of the family is really the sacrificial lamb set to charter a new path for the bloodline, where the others could not dream to follow. I've never really felt much like a sense of belonging, not really anywhere. It is quite lonely at times, with being so resigned and naturally inclined for more comfortability in a lifestyle more solitary. I used to imagine that I was an alien and wait for my alien family to bring me back to a place where I could be understood and known. There's something mythical  and human about Draupadi; I want to uncover what it is that speaks so loudly to me of this organic interest in her story.  

Doodle by Blue




~Eternal Sunrise~

Sun shines, moon lights- dawn

Sleep term,  blight sight swan

Left Right, Eyes wide: Notes
Thyme Bloom \\ Spell Vice // GONE
(Jueju poem by Blue)







As a Storybook Style, I am thinking that it would be fun to do a first person narrative for Draupadi. I am sure it has been done 10x+ times, but I'd like to see if I can do something different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a BlueBird

Week 13 Story: The Great Awakening