Extra Reading: Palace of Illusions: Notes

Krishnaa:

Draupadi and Krishna
https://www.quora.com/Does-Sri-Krishna-h
ave-a-relationship-with-Draupadi
With so much reading going on this week about Krishna, I am starting to see so much more of him with Draupadi. Her name is also, Krishnaa. 
The protector and the protected. I am a little over half way in the book, Palace of Illusions. The part that I am in now is just after Krishna has beheaded Sisupal for his 100th+ insult. 

Draupadi tells Krishna, "When I thought that you had died, I wanted to die, too."

Wow... how profound a statement. There is so much to be said in this moment between them and I cannot help but wonder what it is that will transpire between them. The book itself is absolutely an artistic device that I will cherish forever. Chitra has a writing style that is unlike any that I have seen so far and I am keenly excited to read her future works. 





Bibliography: Author: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Palace of Illusions. 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a BlueBird

Week 13 Story: The Great Awakening