More Mahabharata

Epified Mahabharata:


     Wow! This is so fun and I love how the narrator is depicting this story. I must confess that I, too, enjoy the Mahabharata more than the Ramayana. The very first story that Epified presents is that of Ganga, the river goddess. She marries the king when he asks her but on the stipulation that he must never ask her any questions- he agrees. 

She drowns seven sons in the river without him questioning her. I am sure that he has simply been filling with rage this entire time... how horrific! I couldn't agree to marry someone without questioning them. I couldn't watch and stay silent as someone drowned my child. How absolutely mortifying this is! 

Children's Book of Indian Epic stories
I am excited to get this book in the mail here in a few days. (: I think that it will be interesting trying to share these stories with my little girls but will first peruse them to see that it would be appropriate. (Not all children's books seem very child-friendly to me.) In any case, I will see how that goes and let you know what I think! 

The illustrations for the Mahabharata that is presented from Epified is so interesting and fun to follow. The clips are small and in manageable chunks that don't distract my brain so very much. 

Bibliography: Epified Mahabharata, 2015-2016 and more// audio/visually illustrated tales.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a BlueBird

Week 13 Story: The Great Awakening