Famous Last Words

Wha-HA-Haaaa

So, with ten thousand adventures and tasks on my to-do list, I thought I'd debrief on a bit of my day. 

I have been without a working garbage disposal for a couple months now. It has been excruciating lately. It was a bit after midnight, after several other tasks complete, when I went to go do the dishes...

Side note: I get asked often how I do this, "How do you do school and raise two kids..." etc. The answer is that I do these tasks while my children are sleeping. End of story. 

Maybe when I graduate I will have more time to sleep. 

I am nearly gagging. Something smells so awful in my sink and I cannot do anything but wade through the dishes until the sinks are empty and the dishwasher full. The smell is still there and I am furious. 

UGHHH

It's that damned garbage disposal. With the broken machinery not working, it's basically become this pool for bacteria, mold, gunk. That is just so, so gross. 

Garbage Disposal
Welcome to beneath the sink
picture taken by me
So, I've got gloves up to my elbows on and clear all the black yucky mystery goop out of the drain between the blades. I Jerry-rig an Allen wrench to manually crank the blades clear from mystery obstruction. This sounds simple and effortless... but it took a bit over an hour. 

ALAS, after months of being helpless in the face of excess disposal material, I now have a functioning disposal and very smelly hands. Even with the stupid gloves my digits smell like death. 

Diz-Guh-StiNg 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a BlueBird

Week 13 Story: The Great Awakening